Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Advocare: Day 4

Day 4 is officially here!

    I am excited to say that as of this morning, Day 4 of the cleanse, I am officially down 3.3 lbs! Yes, this is water weight, not fat, but it feels good, and I am so happy with how much energy I have had so far. Ripley, Ryan and I have been going on 2-3 mile runs/walks. It's been 4 months since my half marathon and I am trying to get back into the groove of running. It is scary how even just a little time away is so hard on your body.

    I have been killing the first few days of Advocare- throwing myself into planning healthy, whole food meals, and cooking them for Ryan and I. I am so happy how supportive and into the cleanse Ryan has been. Although he isn't doing the supplements, and doesn't need to loose weight, Ryan is following the plan, even when I am not there. (It also helps that I had prepped our fridge full of yummy foods!)


    I have been trying to make sure that our dinners in the evening don't stuff us, but don't leave our stomachs grumbling either. A few of our meals include:

*'Taco Salad (no cheese or sour cream, just salsa for dressing. Add some lean meat and avocado!)
* Egg salad (I used a dab of Dijon and some vegan canola mayo to bind everything together.)
* Chef salad (again no cheese. I used a non fat raspberry vinaigrette.)
* Stuffed peppers (ground turkey, brown rice, tons of veggies.)

    Here is a picture of all my chopped up veggies that go into most all of my salads. I find this combination flavorful, filling, and completely healthy! It includes lettuce, black beans, tomato's, jalapenos, red onion, a variety of sweet peppers, and any other veggie in my fridge that sounds appetizing. For the dressing I usually just throw some salsa on top. It gives it an extra kick and adds moisture without loading it down with fat.

 
I love the bright colors of this salad!
 

1 comment: