Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

Advocare Challenge: Day 1

     I woke up this morning excited to start my Advocare journey. I had pre packed my lunch the night before, so no prep work was needed this morning. I had spent half of yesterday preparing different items and labeling them in the fridge, so that every night I could scoop out my portions and add them to my lunchbox.
 

Healthy Fruit Salad: Mix your choice of fruits
with a splash of lime juice.
     For protein I made a big crockpot of shredded chicken- a brainless recipe that I LOVE. For our complex carbs during the week I made a pot of brown rice, and washed and packaged up black and kidney beans. Veggies will be a variety of carrots, broccoli, snap peas, and spinach. For my snacks- fruits and healthy fats, I have a big bowl of "fruit salad" that I can pull from, and I pre packaged almonds and walnuts.

Pre packaged nuts
     So far everything has been going great! I absolutely LOVE the Spark drink in the morning- it tastes just like Kool Aid. I also had the Mocha Meal Replacement Shake for breakfast- it was filling and tasty. The only thing that was hard to stomach was the dreaded Fiber drink. Picture 9 oz of thick sludge, the consistency of oatmeal, that you have to chug before breakfast. WOW it was gross- thank goodness it isn't an every day part of this challenge!
Today's lunch and snacks

I haven't felt hungry at all- Advocare has you eating something every 2 hours to stimulate your metabolism. The portions are great, and it really promotes a healthy lifestyle. I am still debating what to make Ryan and I for dinner, but I know that I have plenty of options with all of the food prep I did last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment